Monday, May 7, 2012

Accessorizing

There's a thin line between a space between dull and having way too much going on. I'm the type of designer where I pick up things as I go along and just slowly add to my apartments. It's hard to do something concrete when I'm always moving to new apartments and I don't  own any of them. I hate clutter so I always gravitate towards clean designs with smaller accent areas or pieces instead of over-accessorizing. I feel like once HGTV became popular, accessorizing became very popular (and don't get me wrong, many of those designers do it right) but you have to be careful at home. It's a good idea to have certain areas designated to hold the trinkets rather then spreading them all over the place. Built in shelves, mantles or console tables usually work well containing and showcasing all your personal items.


::Built in Shelves, but with a fun wallpaper (or could paint a stencil)::

::Shelving the same color as the wall so that just the accessories pop::

::An organized way to showcase a lot of images::

::Beautiful cut out shelves::


No comments:

Post a Comment